Quick Data Totals
Program Year Totals 2011
Completed a Level and Advance One or More Levels
Number Separated Before Completion
Remaining within Level
Percentage Completing Level
Source: Office of Vocational and Adult Education. (2012, March) National Reporting System: Statistical Section, Washington. Retrieved from OVAE Website: http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OVAE/NRS/tables/view.cfm?state=IL&year=2009&tableID=4
Did You Know ...?
…Due to innovative initiatives like I-BEST, 10% of ABE, GED, and ESL students transition into college-level courses. 18% of ABE and GED students
transition and 3 percent of ESL students do.
State NRS Structure
- WABERS-Web-based Adult Basic Education Reporting System
- GED: Data Match
- Employment: Data Match
- Transition to Postsecondary Education or Training: Data Match
Data Tools for Monitoring and Program Improvement
- Data must be submitted at least quarterly. Most data submissions are done on the web, with built-in data monitoring and error identification. Other data submitted electronically are monitored both by state staff and by software. This is done for each data submission, whether it be monthly or quarterly. Staff conducting on-site monitoring takes copies of submitted data with them to verify their veracity.
- WABERS and CASAS' TopsPro software look at attendance hours, test forms, and test scores to verify accuracy of "next-tests", testing intervals, etc., according to the state assessment policies and CASAS' recommendations.
- State WABERS/ABE program staff contact local staff as issues arise. The Council for Basic Skills--the organization of all providers--meets at least quarterly and always has assessment and reporting on its agenda. CBS also has a WABERS Advisory Group that meets as needed to advise as to changes needed in using the system, such as policy, procedures, instructions, or built in reports.
State Tools and Resources
Basic Education for Adults in Washington
Programs and People
Jon Kerr, Director, Basic Education for Adults
Basic Education for Adults
Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
1300 Quince Street, SE
P. O. Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
Phone: (360 )704-4323
Fax: (360) 704-4419