The training is designed for state directors of adult education and other state staff responsible for managing the adult education grant budget and expenditures. The major topics the training will address include:
The laws and regulations governing your work as state directors of adult education
Essential cost principles, internal controls and tracking expenditures
Awarding subgrants, disbursement of funds and monitoring subgrantee expenditures
Reporting, monitoring and auditing
1. NRS Guide to Smart Fiscal Management for Adult Education Programs
This guide is the eleventh in a series of guides designed to assist states with implementing National Reporting System (NRS) requirements, improve data quality, and use NRS data to promote program improvement. This guide is unique among others in the series in its focus on fiscal management, but it maintains the goal of improving state data quality—in this case financial data—for NRS reporting. This guide is designed to support national training on fiscal management of the adult education program conducted in June 2011 and accompanying materials.
1. Presentation and Handouts from the 2011 Summer Training
The PowerPoint slides and corresponding handouts are aligned with the content of the Guide.
Smart Fiscal Management Jeopardy Game (archived)
Financial Status Report (FSR) Table (archived)
1. Adult Education and Family Literacy Act of 1998 (AEFLA) 20 USC 9201
2. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars
3. OVAE AEFLA Monitoring Tools
4. Single Audit Clearinghouse Website
5. Ohio Adult Education Website
6. Group Pictures from Training
Click on any of the thumbnail images below to see a full-size image.